Total respect for the values of freedom
PMB is a 100% free software for document management which is continuously developed by PMB Services, the main developer and publisher of the software. In concrete terms, PMB users do not have to acquire a license to use the software; use is therefore not limited, either in volume or in time.
PMB gives each user the four fundamental freedoms of every free software :
- the freedom to run the program for any purpose;
- the freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does the computing as the user wishes;
- the freedom to redistribute copies so a user can help others;
- the freedom to distribute copies of a version modified by a user to others. By doing this, the wole community is given a chance to benefit from changes. Acces to the source code is a preconition for this freedom.
Why should we all use free software?
The freedoms that are described above guarantee :
- the control of the software once it has been executed;
- the sharing of the the computer knowledge;
- an increased security.
Indeed, the PMB software is developed with total transparency since its source code is freely accessible. Every process is visible by all : therefore the editor cannot hide on purpose any defect and the eventual security vulnerabilites can be identified and corrected by a large number of users.
Creation and development of innovations are realized thanks to the access to information and knowledge. PMB Services therefore makes it a point of honour to guarantee software freedom by federating developments and guaranteeing the use of free and sustainable technologies.