The free software PMB fits every kind of structure as it is able to describe any type of information (printed documents, musical scores, websites, objects, electronic documents, etc.).
PMB users can optimize the production of their catalog thanks to standard form grids that can be enriched with specific and personalized informations per site and per type of document. PMB uses cataloguing standards in force : UNIMARC – RDA-FR for the data exposure, which facilitates the integration into other catalogs.
With several search engines integrated into PMB, the software can examine every data of the base. Powerful and instinctive, PMB displays, sorts and organizes the results depending on their relevancy.
Every data fulfilled into PMB can me modified. Several bibliographic records, copies, press releases, information leaflets and borrowers grids can be revised at the same time with a batch processing.
Import your records directly into PMB !
PMB is compatible with many sources so that users can import records of datas, thanks to :
- the protocole Z3950 with the databases of the BnF (Bibliothèque nationale de France – National French Library), Sudoc, and every library that allow this protocole ;
- a batch import from a UNIMARC file made by loan library, Moccam or any structure providing bibliographical records ;
- webservices (Zotero, Eclectre…) ;
- RSS feeds ;
- Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (Gallica, revue.org, Cairn.Info, etc.) ;
- specific connectors : PUBMED, NASA ADS, ISIDORE, etc.
The management of the periodic bulletins
With the free software PMB, the management of the periodic bulletins is complete.
PMB is the best software for the new way of cataloging
Thanks to PMB, the librarians can product and manage a catalog that is conformed to the new rules of cataloging (RDA). Any structure that chooses PMB to manage its documentary collection can modeling its data with standarded or personalized FRBR schemes. Invisible links between every entities show up and give sens to the collections that are much better highlighted.